In an increasingly competitive environment where more and more service delivery is digital, you need to know how to maximise the value of your own assets as well as how to make the best use of resources. You need to be able to protect your own intellectual property while not infringing the rights of others. The consequences of any unintentional IP infringement can be devastating for your business.
Whilst all businesses own and use IP, the way you manage this asset in a digital environment can be the difference between success and failure.
This workshop will help you to recognise and avoid the potential IP pitfalls and build an IP strategy that will support your business’s growth by:
- Identifying the IP traps and pitfalls
- Understanding when to/why you should register your IP overseas
- Undertaking an IP audit of your business (in session exercises and examples)
- Explaining the importance of matching all IP and social media identifiers
- Discuss why it’s important to register your trademark early
This workshop is for business owners with an existing website; attendees are not required to bring a laptop or other online device to the workshop.