The latest survey of Australian audio listening habits (The 2018 Infinite Dial Survey by Edison Research), reports 78% of Australians are now familiar with the term “podcasting”.
And while other media consumption dips, podcast listening has increased to include 13% of Australians, listening to five podcasts per week. While a fraction of these podcasts are produced by radio stations, the majority are made by hobbyists and businesses. Should your business be one of them? The workshop will cover:
- An overview of how podcasting is fitting into the lives of Australians (and people overseas, especially the US where more than 50% of people now listen to podcasts)
- How podcasting can work as a marketing tool
- The tough questions to ask about whether or not it is a good fit for your business as a producer; through exposure, profile building, audience growth, and networking; or as a direct income source through advertising.
- How some podcast listening can help you with your business.
- An outline of what is involved in sourcing guests, recording content, preparing/publishing content, and sharing it.
You will leave the workshop with a deeper understanding of podcasting and its strengths and weaknesses in relation to your business.