In 2020, the Adelaide Fringe will be celebrating 60 years as an open-access arts festival and competition for audience members will be as fierce as ever.
The workshop will cover:
- Uncovering “talk worthy” elements from your show by using the Design Thinking process
- Identifying and planning to connect with “natural” audiences for your production
- Making your Fringe guide listing compelling
- Putting your smartphone to work for better images and video
- Social media and online PR tools and tips, including scheduling your activity
- Collaborating with venues and other performers
- Courting reviewers, media, and podcasters
- SEO checklist
At the end of this workshop, you will have a marketing mindset to apply to your upcoming production, along with a toolkit of online resources, to help you “sell out” in a good way!
Participants are also entitled to 2 hours one-on-one marketing discussion after the workshop, to ensure they can put the material to work for them.
This workshop complements the DIY Smartphone Photos and Video workshop.
FAMI CPM Principal, Marketing Communication Consultant, Talked About Marketing
Steve Davis has lived his life by the Oscar Wilde principle, there is only one thing worse than being talked about and that’s NOT being talked about.
Throughout his 20 years as a marketing communication consultant and creative director, Steve has drawn on his background in radio, journalism, and theatre, to create content that gets his clients talked about.
But he doesn’t just advise his clients to produce content, he walks the talk.
He has delivered workshops to thousands of businesses, been a keynote speaker, and, in 2013 he started The Adelaide Show podcast which has built a loyal audience and been a finalist in the national podcast awards.
Steve believes all businesses are sitting on goldmines of potential content and his role is to help you unlock those valuable marketing.