Let's face it. Many business people have heard of blogging, are vaguely aware it is talked about by marketers as something worth doing, and have possibly dabbled from time to time with inconclusive outcomes.
Why turn to blogging now amid the challenges of dealing with Covid-19 disruptions?
There are two reasons.
• Firstly, blogging remains the primary SEO tactic that Google publicly endorses and as the world reshapes its searching activity over the months ahead, you need to make sure you've done everything possible to hold your own and boost your rankings so you can be found by your ideal customers and clients.
• And, secondly, if you are using this period of disruption to reset all your business basics, like getting robust search analytics in place (learn more about our Marketing You Can Measure workshop, or one of our marketing packages), then it makes sense to include a smart approach to blogging in your refreshed marketing strategy.
Steve Davis has been blogging and preaching the benefits of blogging to small business owners since 2005, while Michael has been building blogging strategies for government departments and large organisations over that same period. And while most of their advice has remained evergreen, there have been shifts in Google search engine algorithms in recent years, resulting in new insights that tilt more than ever toward a philosophy of Quality over Quantity.
In this workshop, Steve and Michael will outline:
• how blogging fits within a digital marketing strategy
• the reasons for blogging
• the different styles or types of blogging
• the anatomy of a blog
• content idea generation
• publishing and promoting blogs
• measuring the impact of blogs as you recover from the pandemic
You will leave this workshop with a clearer, "real world" understanding of how important blogging is and how you can blog strategically to boost your profile and increase your ongoing presence in organic search results for the audiences you care about.
FAMI CPM Principal, Marketing Communication Consultant, Talked About Marketing
Steve Davis has lived his life by the Oscar Wilde principle, there is only one thing worse than being talked about and that’s NOT being talked about.
Throughout his 20 years as a marketing communication consultant and creative director, Steve has drawn on his background in radio, journalism, and theatre, to create content that gets his clients talked about.
But he doesn’t just advise his clients to produce content, he walks the talk.
He has delivered workshops to thousands of businesses, been a keynote speaker, and, in 2013 he started The Adelaide Show podcast which has built a loyal audience and been a finalist in the national podcast awards.
Steve believes all businesses are sitting on goldmines of potential content and his role is to help you unlock those valuable marketing.
Marketing Strategist, Talked About Marketing
Even though Michael has a background in the creative fields of theatre and animation, his work in marketing has been notable for its rigorous basis in strategic thinking and measurement.
Michael’s methodical approach makes sure that all marketing efforts are directed towards specific outcomes and can be measured. This thorough approach helped one organisation discover more than $1million in donations which had been submitted by users but lost in the website.
Marketing insights developed by Michael are drawn from 20 years working within private enterprise, not-for-profit organisations, and government departments. These have ranged from property development to Zoos SA, and Novita to Parks SA. His work has covered strategy developing, social media training, and content development, in tourism, mental health, investment, education, and recreation.
Michael’s key strength is knowing how to break down complex plans and concepts into simple, step-by-step tasks and, most importantly, putting measurement in place to monitor progress.