IP Rights in a Digital World
Facilitator: Chris Hayward, IP Consultancy
A once-only fee of $55 gives full access to all services including:
- Multiple 3-hour workshops
- An additional 1-hour complimentary consulting session following a workshop of your choice.
- Exclusive entry to the Digital Solutions portal to register for webinars and download resources
About This Workshop
Whilst all businesses own and use IP, the way you manage this asset in a digital environment can be the difference between success and failure.
This workshop will help you to recognise and avoid the potential IP pitfalls and build an IP strategy that will support your business’s growth by:
- Identifying the IP traps and pitfalls
- Understanding when to/why you should register your IP overseas
- Undertaking an IP audit of your business (in session exercises and examples)
- Explaining the importance of matching all IP and social media identifiers
- Discuss why it’s important to register your trademark early
This workshop is for business owners with an existing website; attendees are not required to bring a laptop or other online device to the workshop.
Chris Hayward – IP Consultancy
Prior to establishing his own IP consultancy in 2017, Chris was IP Australia’s SA/NT Manager with over 21 years of experience working for IP Australia, the Australian Government agency responsible for granting intellectual property rights in Australia.
During that time, he worked closely with the business community to educate and demystify the often unrecognised and misunderstood world of intellectual property particularly for small and medium-sized businesses.
Between 2010 and 2017 Chris headed IP Australia’s Indigenous engagement program and in 2013 was awarded an Australia Day medal for his work
He also led the agency’s national education and engagement program targeting the engineering profession through joint working initiatives with Engineers Australia. Chris’s experience has well positioned him to understand the difficulties faced by business around IP issues and to assist businesses to recognise the potential and to develop strategies to manage their IP.
Vine Inn Barossa
14-22 Murray Street
Nuriootpa, SA 5355
9:15am to 12:30pm